Hello! I’m back. Do you have a cup of tea and a crumpet handy? because this post is longer than usual. There have been many distractions over the past couple of years that have kept me from these pages. I have never spoken of difficulties, here, and I promise this will be the only time! But, after such a long absence, I feel a bit of explanation is in order.
Some of you already know that I have had some serious, even deadly issues with my heart over the past ten years. Two years ago I had a fatal Takotsubo – which is not a tasty, Japanese dish. It is a heart attack caused by adrenaline poisoning. Usually, people recover very quickly from these, but I have not. It wasn’t until last summer, and another heart surgery, that I have begun to feel better. And, boy oh boy, do I feel better!! It has taken a while, but I can do things now that I haven’t been able to do for ten years. But, my heart will never be back to normal.
So, is it strange that I feel compelled to re-visit my old blog in the midst of a viral pandemic? Well, maybe not so strange…Fred and I have been thinking hard about ways to keep us all safe and healthy without giving up the very things that sustain us through these times. If it hadn’t been for knitting, crocheting, weaving, embroidering, felting, journaling and a couple of tons of really good novels, I’m not sure I would have recovered at all. Without Florilegium and all of you, I wouldn’t have had so many reasons to recover. So what do we do now?
One of the huge silver linings of the past couple years, for me, has been lots of quiet, creative time. I have projects galore to share with you. We also have some incredible, new materials to share; and, there are some wonderful opportunities for you to have a hand in designing your own yarns and fibers. We haven’t stood still, while I’ve been taking it a bit easier!! One thing I know for sure is that keeping busy and happy helps in times like these. There is more, but for now I want to get back to how we might cope with the current pandemic.
We have a two-pronged approach in mind. One is for the store, the other for our on-line presence, which means the following:
1. FOR A PERIOD OF AT LEAST TWO WEEKS, THE STORE WILL BE CLOSED, BUT THE WEBSITE WILL BE OPEN, AND WE WILL BE AT THE STORE TO PERSONALLY ANSWER QUESTIONS AND HANDLE SHIPPING. 816-746-6164, firstname.lastname@example.org
2. We are armed with every sanitizer known to man and will be using them liberally and often, so any online orders will be handled in a safe, clean environment by just the three of us.
3. If any of us feels the slightest bit under-the-weather, we will stay home.
For anyone who would rather not venture out, right now, we have some ideas, too!
1. In the greater Kansas City area, we can deliver your order to you!
2. You can pickup your order curbside – we will run it out to you.
3. I will be sharing lots of free project ideas on my blog to help keep you happily busy at home. You can check-in anytime at https://florilegium.com/blog/ and you can sign up from any page for weekly delivery of our blog to your email.
4. If you need something from the store that is not available from our website, please call us at 816-746-6164. Every day we work with people over the phone, sending pictures of available items, and completing orders. It’s fun, works great, and we love hearing from you.
We aren’t done thinking yet, but that’s a start! If you have more ideas, please let us know! We love you all and want each of you to stay safe and healthy. But, let’s stay happy and productive, too!!